I've blogged about many HR topics over the last few months, but today I decided to let my mind wander.
Here goes, and I look forward to your responses!
1. I'm waiting impatiently for the next Wikileaks leaks...
2. What is really going on with all the bird and fish deaths? I just watched Signs last night and one part talks about the impact death that the bird suffered while hitting the invisible UFO hovering over Mexico City. Hmmm...
3. Signing Day for college football is almost as exciting as the NFL Draft, unless of course your favorite recruit decommits at the last moment and signs a letter of intent with your favorite team's biggest rival!
4. The Super Bowl is going to be great Sunday. For the first time in as long as I can remember, I actually really like both teams, to the point that I don't care who wins. I just want a good game!
5. It's crazy how much kids run your life...
6. I keep saying that I'm getting really sick of reality shows, then I just keep watching...
7. I miss the show Medium, but it was time for it to go. How many times can DA Davallos question Allison's visions when they always come true in the end?
8. West Virginia Football is going to be fun to watch again with Dana Holgorson on board. Don't know who he is? Look him up. WVU consistently has a great defense, now with the top offensive mind in the country taking the helms, watch out...
9. I don't miss snow at all. I don't miss the cold at all. It's almost 70 degrees here today - how about where you are?
10. Facebook and Twitter are going to be around for a while. Any tips on the next hot site to sink investment money into (too late for Groupons!)?
11. If you have to have a business meeting somewhere, Puerto Rico is a beautiful place to go.
12. Working with clients who inspire you is much more important and fulfilling than working with clients who simply pay their monthly invoice.
13. Dieting stinks.
14. Looking in the mirror stinks more when you're overweight.
15. Placing a monetary bet on a diet contest is a very risky proposition, but the only way that I've found the willpower to stay on it!
16. Companies are going to see a mass exodus of very talented employees in the next 18 months as the economy grows stronger and employees who have taken their lumps to keep their jobs find better opportunities elsewhere.
17. I miss my mom, who will have been gone for three years on March 16, 2011. Tell your parents you love them, as you never know when you won't be able to.
18. One niece due today, another due on March 17. I cannot wait!
19. Owning your own business is challenging but the most rewarding work you will ever have.
20. I don't think anyone in government gets "it" once they're elected into office. No way they all forgot everything they learned on the outside. Can you imagine how fast you would get fired if you did one-tenth of what both sides do on a daily basis to each other and their constituents?
21. Cherish your friends and your mentors, as there are very few of them who will stand by you in good times and in hard times. Likewise, be more of a friend or mentor to someone that you really care about or love.
22. Wondering how all of the unrest in Egypt is going to play out throughout the rest of the Middle East and the world. What happens if millions of Americans march on Washington demanding that the entire government resign?
23. If you're ever in a bad mood and want to laugh, just about any Judd Apatow comedy will do the trick. May be a little raunchy for some viewers, but you will literally not be able to stop laughing at many parts of the movies. I particularly like "The 40-Year Old Virgin." I will miss Steve Carrell on "The Office".
24. If I butt-dial someone one more time as my touch screen, "Smart" cell phone presses against my wallet in my pocket, I am going to throw it in the Atlantic Ocean. I think I miss flip phones.
25. Do guns kill people or do people kill people? If there were no guns, would people stop killing other people, or would there be more stabbings, suffocations and strangling? Not meant to be a controversial question - just wondering if tightening gun control laws would really decrease murders? Most countries without an armed citizenry do have much less murders. If this is true, then why do Americans tend to murder people more than in other countries? Is it the guns, or is there another root cause?
26. There are times when I am frustrated with my job, but then I think about bill collectors and how much I hate them. Can you imagine BEING a bill collector and having to hear the hatred through the phone every time you called a delinquent account? Sorry bill collectors, but I still hate receiving those calls. Don't kick the family dog as you walk in from work.
27. Phone conferences, live meetings and email are convenient and necessary, but nothing takes the place of a face-to-face meeting.
28. I'd really love a Reesee's Peanut Butter Cup right now...I hate dieting!
See you next time when maybe I'll feel like writing about HR again!!!